Saturday, August 06, 2005

star-crossed

Across time and space -
Hearts yearning for embrace
By each other
But never reaching in love's yonder.

Loved. Never loving.
Great expanse bearing.
Wind bringing your fragrance.
Comfort. My deliverance.

Open a window -
This way blow
Rain for land,
Acrid, unrelent.

Isaiah 62:4
No longer will they call you Deserted, or your name Desolate. But you will be called Hephzibah, and your land Beulah;
For the Lord will take delight in you, and your land will be married.

Found a more hopeful Corrinne May alternative!

Same side of the moon

I'm looking out the window
Where we sat to watch the stars
There's a chill within the air
It makes my heart long for your touch
You may be miles away
But as I kneel to pray

I see the same side of the moon
That we'll be looking on when the world turns blue
And I know that time and space
can't come between me and you
We share the same side of the moon
And though you'll never see all my tears shine through
I know I can't be that far from you
If we're both looking on the same side of the moon

I picture you across the oceans
In your corner of the world
I pray the wind will blow my voice
And gently whisper in your ear
Your night may be my day
And though the seasons change...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home