eyes wide shut
Sometimes we go about life with our eyes closed.
I didn't know how my room became a mess. When I woke up today I found my uniform and my socks on the floor. I must have walked out of them after coming home from night duty this morning. I've been really tired after this round of nights. Must be the running I've been doing lately.
Running really changes the body. Thirty minutes a day of it produces leaner legs and abdominal muscles. It's simply incredible. I'm worried about strained ankles. Guess a bike purchase should happen sometime in the near future. Fantastic.
Thing is I never noticed how running changed my body when I used to do it in junior college. I guess it's a case of retinopathy for the longest time.
Someone once said to me, 'unless you're complete idiot life is going to be hard and we need God to help us through.' Then he went on to show me a graphical representation of a spiritual life: one of peak and troughs but on an upward trend. I can almost hear him say again, 'Charlene it may be hard but at least we rest assure that God will be with us.'
God will be with us for sure. But it may not be the case the other way round. Sometimes life can get to us so much that we would rather not complicate it further by bringing God into the picture. God opens up a pandora's box of questions that will screw up the situation even more.
'Why do you allow sickness and death?'
'Why do I have to feel pain?'
'Why?'
Life is hard. I feel like I am packing the world in a capsule. But how else can I say it? Life is filled with neverending transitions that often leave us in a blur. We have to scramble to make sense of things that changes our lives overnight all the time. People fall sick and die. People get bombed in a bus on their way to work. Suddenly the places and the people that we think will never ever change seem to forget their promises.
But, I guess this is the reality of life. It is filled with ups and downs and we cannot control the timing of these little bastards. We cannot stop pain from ravaging out hearts. We simple cannot. We can numb ourselves to it but why do it? Why allow ourselves to not feel joy and pain, just so we have to get by living? What is the point of living if everyday is not different from the day before and the next?
There is no point.
I would rather take the option of going through this life tasting and feeling every up and down, Perhaps therein, I would find the real strength to go on and face each day. Trembling but no less exhilerating.
John 16:33 'In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.'
I didn't know how my room became a mess. When I woke up today I found my uniform and my socks on the floor. I must have walked out of them after coming home from night duty this morning. I've been really tired after this round of nights. Must be the running I've been doing lately.
Running really changes the body. Thirty minutes a day of it produces leaner legs and abdominal muscles. It's simply incredible. I'm worried about strained ankles. Guess a bike purchase should happen sometime in the near future. Fantastic.
Thing is I never noticed how running changed my body when I used to do it in junior college. I guess it's a case of retinopathy for the longest time.
Someone once said to me, 'unless you're complete idiot life is going to be hard and we need God to help us through.' Then he went on to show me a graphical representation of a spiritual life: one of peak and troughs but on an upward trend. I can almost hear him say again, 'Charlene it may be hard but at least we rest assure that God will be with us.'
God will be with us for sure. But it may not be the case the other way round. Sometimes life can get to us so much that we would rather not complicate it further by bringing God into the picture. God opens up a pandora's box of questions that will screw up the situation even more.
'Why do you allow sickness and death?'
'Why do I have to feel pain?'
'Why?'
Life is hard. I feel like I am packing the world in a capsule. But how else can I say it? Life is filled with neverending transitions that often leave us in a blur. We have to scramble to make sense of things that changes our lives overnight all the time. People fall sick and die. People get bombed in a bus on their way to work. Suddenly the places and the people that we think will never ever change seem to forget their promises.
But, I guess this is the reality of life. It is filled with ups and downs and we cannot control the timing of these little bastards. We cannot stop pain from ravaging out hearts. We simple cannot. We can numb ourselves to it but why do it? Why allow ourselves to not feel joy and pain, just so we have to get by living? What is the point of living if everyday is not different from the day before and the next?
There is no point.
I would rather take the option of going through this life tasting and feeling every up and down, Perhaps therein, I would find the real strength to go on and face each day. Trembling but no less exhilerating.
John 16:33 'In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.'

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home