Tuesday, May 17, 2005

morning

Obsessing about the morning.

Mark 1:35

Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed.

Luke 5:16
But Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed.


It's not the long walks in the park
Or my solitary tea-breaks
It's not a rainy Sunday afternoon
with a book and cake
It's in the stillness of your presence,
In the revelation of your word,
That cuts through bone and marrow
That I find my centre and my rest.

No, it's not in the song on the radio,
Or a line from a movie that gives me
Inspiration to live.
It's you oh Lord, my spring of life that
sustains me in a world that never ceases to
go on and on without rest.

It is your word: a light to my path, a lamp for my feet
that shows me where to go.
It's your Spirit who prompts me, and gives me reason.
To live. Oh God!

Ho ho ho! I will polish up this poem soon enough. I love mornings. I WILL wake up when it is still dark to seek God on mah knees. Yes Lord, you da Man!

Looking forward to St. Kilda's, sea breeze in my hair, latte and bagel in hand. Yes yes yes yes yes!

Praise Da Lord!

Will name mah daughter Praise if she doesn't mind. hahahahah...something praise something. Gosh. No.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home