Thursday, May 26, 2005

good will hunting

Haha!

Mum's efforts to push ahead with marriage plans has hit an all time low. I really love my mother but these are the times I'm glad I'm out of the house. Duck under pressure.

The topic of marriage came up, again, when auntie from Hong Kong came to visit. My cousins and I were having dinner when the subject crept up quite insidiously as I had a cousin who was going to be married, at the table with her fiance. I did not have anything much to say except to chat about the newest thing in their life. By the way, they ain't no having big chinese 'yam seng' banquet but are opting for a, shudder, buffet.

Mum joined in the conversation and began saying that my other cousin's husband, who incidentally introduced the latest addition to the family, should also help her single daughter out by introducing one of his other 'honest-looking' friends to her. After all, I am one of the last out of 3 of the cousins in my mother's side who is not married. Quickly, I'm not sure if I put my spoon or chop-stick down, waved off furiously and spoke in English (cos I was agitated) not to do it. Mother, I think, pretended not to hear and enquired about the male's family background, only to let out a disapppointed 'oh' when told that his parents were seamstresses.

Hahahahahah!

Phew. I almost got match-made to a tailor. Not that I mind but I'm but a fledgling in the adult world, I don't think I'm in the right state to be married. I'm way too self-centered and lack necessary self-less skills to love and care for someone in sickness and in health, till death do us apart.

Of course I do not plan to stay unmarried all my life but I do not think the time and place for it is for me to decide. Just yesterday the speech therapist in my ward who met her ang moh husband while studying in Sydney encouraged me to go 'find a husband there'. That is, when I begin living in Melbourne next year, to go meet someone and marry him. If only life turns out like that I do not mind living it but the reality is that such things are not premeditated. They just happen.

I believe that we can try to push things along. Especially for girls it's fun. We dress up and look our best. After all, if we believe God has fearfully and wonderfully made us, we should do justice to his creation by not leaving it to neglect. We girls are so pretty we should grow in increasing beauty as time passes.

So, praise God for pretty girls like myself and all my wonderful sisters.

Yay! Today is girl pride day!

1 Comments:

Blogger The Queen of Suds said...

HAHa.I could just hear your mother's 'oh'! Keep posting and read my blog too ok! (you can tell i am desperately trying to pull together a fan base.haa)

2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home