Vacancy's open
I want a man
Who will run through fire and water;
Who will not bolt at the whiff of strife
Or retract his promises at the altar.
I want a man -
A real one with ram-rod spine
Unbending under the winds of change,
Knowing everyone's rather blind!
I want a man
Like Jesus -
Who does the will of the Father
And loves the church like his missus.
I do not want a boy;
Rousing at mid-day,
Mixing up his lists,
Forgetting this and that.
So grow up dear boy.
Take heart, have courage.
Come into your calling.
Get off the stage!
Who will run through fire and water;
Who will not bolt at the whiff of strife
Or retract his promises at the altar.
I want a man -
A real one with ram-rod spine
Unbending under the winds of change,
Knowing everyone's rather blind!
I want a man
Like Jesus -
Who does the will of the Father
And loves the church like his missus.
I do not want a boy;
Rousing at mid-day,
Mixing up his lists,
Forgetting this and that.
So grow up dear boy.
Take heart, have courage.
Come into your calling.
Get off the stage!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home